Openings for teaching, administrative, and staff positions will be posted as they become available. If you are interested in applying for an opening, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Robert E. Graves
Head of School
995 Lake Tahoe Blvd
Incline Village, NV 89451
Or, email your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Guest Teachers (Substitutes) – All grade levels
Director of Development
Lake Tahoe School is seeking a full-time Director of Development to oversee a development program that raises over $1,000,000 annually. Lake Tahoe School is a small school – 140 students PK-8 – and the Director of Development will be the primary person responsible for the school’s fundraising efforts. This position is a new position for the school with all of the requisite challenges and opportunities inherent in reestablishing the role. Reporting directly to the Head of School, the Director of Development is a member of the school’s Administrative Team and serves on various school committees, all in support of the school’s programs and policies. The position is full-time, fully benefited, and will start July 1, 2019.
• Responsible for leading Lake Tahoe School’s advancement program as adopted by the Board of Trustees and directed by the Head of School
• Leads Lake Tahoe School’s annual fundraising campaign
• Oversee management of capital and major gift campaigns, including case statements, brochures, solicitations, and website
• Create and communicate the School’s Planned Giving program
• Manage donor appreciation and acknowledgement, including annual report
• Build relationships with major donors, other school constituents, and the larger Tahoe Basin community
• Experience with donor management software
• Conduct prospect research
• Lead foundation relationships and grant writing
• Supervise alumni relations
• Manage development events
• Attends appropriate Board and committee meetings
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or higher, 3-5 years minimum prior experience in the development field, experience in independent schools or the non-profit sector, marketing experience helpful, cooperative nature, and enthusiasm for working in a small school environment. Experience working in the Tahoe Basin or similar communities/regions is preferred.
Lake Tahoe School does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or genetic information. This policy applies to all areas of student concerns (admissions, athletics, educational policies, financial aid and loan programs, and other school-administered programs) as well as to all areas of personnel and employee concerns and hiring. Lake Tahoe School is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).