Openings for teaching, administrative, and staff positions will be posted as they become available. If you are interested in applying for an opening, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Robert E. Graves
Head of School
995 Lake Tahoe Blvd
Incline Village, NV 89451
Or, email your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Guest Teachers (Substitutes) – All grade levels
Director of Development
Lake Tahoe School is seeking a full-time Director of Development to oversee a development program that raises over $1,000,000 annually. Lake Tahoe School is a small school – 140 students PK-8 – and the Director of Development will be the primary person responsible for the school’s fundraising efforts. This position is a new position for the school with all of the requisite challenges and opportunities inherent in reestablishing the role. Reporting directly to the Head of School, the Director of Development is a member of the school’s Administrative Team and serves on various school committees, all in support of the school’s programs and policies. The position is full-time, fully benefited, and will start July 1, 2019.
• Responsible for leading Lake Tahoe School’s advancement program as adopted by the Board of Trustees and directed by the Head of School
• Leads Lake Tahoe School’s annual fundraising campaign
• Oversee management of capital and major gift campaigns, including case statements, brochures, solicitations, and website
• Create and communicate the School’s Planned Giving program
• Manage donor appreciation and acknowledgement, including annual report
• Build relationships with major donors, other school constituents, and the larger Tahoe Basin community
• Experience with donor management software
• Conduct prospect research
• Lead foundation relationships and grant writing
• Supervise alumni relations
• Manage development events
• Attends appropriate Board and committee meetings
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or higher, 3-5 years minimum prior experience in the development field, experience in independent schools or the non-profit sector, marketing experience helpful, cooperative nature, and enthusiasm for working in a small school environment. Experience working in the Tahoe Basin or similar communities/regions is preferred.
Marketing Director – Part-Time
Lake Tahoe School is seeking a Marketing Director for a part-time, year-round position. The Marketing Director is a member of the school’s Administrative team and reports directly to the Assistant Head of School. They will help provide strategic vision, creation and implementation for all school marketing and communications efforts and plans. In addition, the Marketing Director will collaborate with administration, faculty and staff, and other constituencies to provide communications support. The Marketing Director ensures all projects reflect the school’s brand and mission to increase student/family retention and/or recruit new families to Lake Tahoe School.
Public and Media Relations
• Create, design, budget and produce promotional materials for events and all school publications.
• Oversee all social media as it relates to consistency in messaging of the school’s strategic communications and marketing plan.
• Knowledge of and keeping abreast of all aspects of social media trends and strategically implementing them effectively in the communications and marketing plan.
• Manage all aspects of the school’s print and electronic communications, ensuring the continuity of the school’s brand and logo. Oversee the work of graphic designers and print vendors in production of printed and digital materials.
• Ensure brand messaging quality and consistency.
• Plan and deploy digital activities: website, online campaigns, email marketing, social media and digital content production.
• Identify ways to promote Lake Tahoe School to differentiate ourselves from others (i.e. industry nomination, awards, honors, etc.).
• Experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field is required.
• Strong working knowledge of terms, technology, and current events of the marketing and public relations industry.
• Experience with Google analytics, search, and social media advertising.
• Proficient with and experience using content management systems, various social media platforms, and Adobe creative suite or similar design software.
Lake Tahoe School does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or genetic information. This policy applies to all areas of student concerns (admissions, athletics, educational policies, financial aid and loan programs, and other school-administered programs) as well as to all areas of personnel and employee concerns and hiring. Lake Tahoe School is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).