Lake Tahoe School’s mission to develop “healthy bodies” is the foundation on which the school builds its robust athletic program. Participation in interscholastic sports is just one piece of a challenging program that pursues educational excellence at many levels.
The Athletic Program is an important part of the LTS experience and is essential to preparing students for life beyond Lake Tahoe School.
- K-5 students attend PE classes 3 times a week with a 12-week health curriculum included throughout the school year. PreK students also attend PE 5 times a week.
- 5th to 8th grade students play on the following athletic teams: Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls Volleyball, Nordic Skiing, Cross-Country, and Track & Field. LTS also has a select track & field team that competes throughout the summer in USATF and AAU meets – with a number of current and former LTS students qualifying and competing at the national level at recent USATF Jr Olympics for XC and track & field.
- Additional athletic offerings include after school programs, such as: PE Power Hour, Girls on the Run, golf, mountain bike team and a 10-week ski and snowboard program.
- LTS has a sports and tennis camp in the summer that is open to the public. For the past four years, the two one-week sessions that were offered were both sold out.
Recent Athletic Team Honors Include:
- Nordic team – Boys 3rd place league champions & Boys 3rd place state champions (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Girls Volleyball – 2014 8th grade small school champions. 2016 Tah-Neva league consolation champions & Optimist volleyball tournament champions
- Track & Field – 2019 Tah-Neva Team Champions: 7th grade Boys and 8th grade Boys. 2017 Tah-Neva Team Champions: 8th grade Girls. 2016 Tah-Neva Team Champions: 7th grade Girls
- Boys Basketball — 2018 8th Grade Boys: Small school champions. 2017 8th Grade Boys: Small school champions, Tah-Neva league consolation champions, undefeated 10-0 season in small school league, school record 16 wins in a season, and Optimist tournament consolation championship runner-up. 2017 7th Grade Boys: Tah-Neva league small school runner-up
- Cross Country — 2020 7th Grade Girls: Tah-Neva small school champions. 2020 7th Grade Boys: Tah-Neva small school champions. 2017 8th Grade Boys: 3rd place in team championships
- Girls Basketball — 8th Grade Team: Tah-Neva league small school champions (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018) and Tah-Neva league consolation champions (2017)
Below is a list of our organized team sports with approximate start and end dates:
Cross Country: September – October
Girls Basketball: September – October
Boys Basketball: October – December
Girls Volleyball: December – February
Nordic Skiing: December – March
Track and Field: March – May