Lake Tahoe School’s mission to develop “healthy bodies” is the foundation on which the school builds its robust athletic program. Participation in interscholastic sports is just one piece of a challenging program that pursues educational excellence at many levels.
The Athletic Program is an important part of the LTS experience and is essential to preparing students for life beyond Lake Tahoe School.
- K-5 students attend PE classes 3 times a week with a 12-week health curriculum included throughout the school year. Pre -K students attend PE 3 times a week.
- 5th to 8th grade students play on the following athletic teams: girls and boys basketball, girls volleyball, Nordic skiing, cross-country, and track & field. LTS also has a select track & field team that competes throughout the summer in USATF and AAU meets – with one 8th grade girl qualifying for the USATF Jr. National Olympics in 2017 and finishing 8th in the nation for 13-14 year old girls in high jump.
- Additional athletic offerings include after school programs, such as: PE Power Hour, Girls on the Run, golf, mountain bike team and a 10-week ski and snowboard program.
- LTS has a sports and tennis camp in the summer that is open to the public. For the past two years, the two one-week sessions that were offered were both sold out.
Recent Athletic Team Honors Include:
- Nordic team – Boys 3rd place league champions & Boys 3rd place state champions (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Girls Volleyball – Tah-Neva league consolation champions & Optimist volleyball tournament champions (2016)
- Track & Field – Tah-Neva Team Champions: 8th grade Girls and 7th grade Boys. Tah-Neva Team Champions Runners-up: 8th grade Boys (2017)
- Boys Basketball — 8th Grade Boys: Tah-Neva league consolation champions, undefeated 10-0 season in small school league, school record 16 wins in a season, and Optimist tournament consolation championship runner-up. 7th Grade Boys: Tah-Neva league small school runner-up (2017)
- Cross Country — 8th Grade Boys: 3rd place in team championships. 8th grade girl finished 2nd in the 8th grade championship race. 8th grade boys won three league races and finished 4th at championships. 5th grade girl finished 3rd in the 7th grade girls championship race (2017)
- Girls Basketball — 8th Grade Team: Tah-Neva league small school champions (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and Tah-Neva league consolation champions (2017)
Below is a list of our organized team sports with approximate start and end dates:
Cross Country: September – October
Girls Basketball: September – October
Boys Basketball: October – December
Girls Volleyball: December – February
Nordic Skiing: December – March
Track and Field: March – May