Lake Tahoe School’s mission to develop “healthy bodies” is the foundation on which the school builds its robust athletic program. Participation in interscholastic sports is just one piece of a challenging program that pursues educational excellence at many levels.
The Athletic Program is an important part of the LTS experience and is essential to preparing students for life beyond Lake Tahoe School.
- K-5 students attend PE classes 3 times a week with a 12-week health curriculum included throughout the school year. Pre -K students attend PE 3 times a week.
- 5th to 8th grade students play on the following athletic teams: girls and boys basketball, girls volleyball, Nordic skiing, cross-country, and track & field. LTS also has a select track & field team that competes throughout the summer in USATF and AAU meets – with one 7th grade girl qualifying for the USATF Jr. National Olympics in 2016 and finishing 15th in high jump.
- Additional athletic offerings include after school programs, such as: PE Power Hour, Girls on the Run, golf, mountain bike team and a 10-week ski and snowboard program.
- LTS started a sports and tennis camp in the summer of 2016 that was open to the public. Two one-week sessions were offered and both sold out.
Recent Athletic Team Honors Include:
- Nordic team – Boys 3rd place league champions & Boys 3rd place state champions (2016, 2017)
- Girls Volleyball – Tah-Neva league consolation champions & Optimist volleyball tournament champions (2015-16)
- Track & Field – Tah-Neva Team Champions: 7th grade Girls 1st, 7th grade Boys 2nd, 8th grade Girls 3rd, and 8th grade Boys 3rd (2015-16)
Below is a list of our organized team sports with approximate start and end dates:
Cross Country: September – October
Girls Basketball: September – October
Boys Basketball: October – December
Girls Volleyball: December – February
Nordic Skiing: December – March
Track and Field: March – May