Openings for teaching, administrative, and staff positions will be posted as they become available. If you are interested in applying for an opening, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Head of School
995 Lake Tahoe Blvd
Incline Village, NV 89451
Or, email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of School Safety and Security
Full-time, exempt; reports to Head of School
Lake Tahoe School seeks a safety professional who is a patient, effective and clear communicator with demonstrated problem solving skills. The successful candidate must continue and improve the school’s ongoing commitment to the safety of students, staff and visitors while fostering a creative, warm, caring and effective learning environment.
Maintain a safe and secure environment for students, employees and visitors, using an all hazards approach. Help develop, establish and enforce safety and security policies, visitor management procedures, accident prevention efforts, support risk management efforts, fire safety, emergency management, asset protection, parking control and traffic enforcement programs.
- Maintain an active presence on all parts of the campus.
- Determine and communicate security policies and procedures by studying organization operations and schedules; establish internal controls; report potential hazards to appropriate departments; create and/or revise safety and security manuals; coordinate and conduct training sessions for, faculty, staff, parents and students.
- Maintain record of fire and other emergency drills and conduct drills when appropriate; supervise and maintain technical security systems, such as security cameras, access control, intrusion alarms and key distribution.
- Conduct and coordinate safety, security and emergency preparedness training by developing, scheduling and/or facilitating training for staff, students and public safety officials relating to school safety, security and emergency preparedness. Provide oversight, evaluation and documentation for safety, security and emergency preparedness training.
- Conduct safety, security and emergency preparedness assessments of facilities and overall campus.
- Conduct/coordinate safety and security planning with local government planners and first responders.
- Coordinate school safety compliance with federal, state and local regulations by studying existing and new requirements and overseeing and enforcing school-wide adherence to requirements.
- Conduct investigations as directed.
- Work with appropriate departments to meet operational security needs within budget; works with Finance, Facilities and Maintenance departments for capital improvements as needed; schedules expenditures.
- Contribute to team effort by integrating safety, security and emergency preparedness measures into the organization’s daily practices in a manner supportive of other departments and functions.
- Coordinate safety planning and practice to support academic processes of school by creatively implementing best practices in safety, security and emergency preparedness with proper adaptation to the environment, so the process of education can be enhanced rather than impeded by safety efforts.
- Assist the Division Coordinators and teachers by consulting and/or delivering safety-related curriculum to students as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, which may include, but is not limited to; supervising special events, monitoring parking and foot traffic, securing facilities.Suggested Requirements
- Experience in a related role an/or environment.
- Peace Officer Standards and Training Certification (P.O.S.T)
- AA Criminal Justice, or related field
- BA in related field
- MA related field
- CCW Permit or equivalent
Lake Tahoe School is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices
of diversity and inclusion throughout the school community. Salary and benefits at high NAIS levels.
– Guest Teachers (Substitutes) – All grade levels
Lake Tahoe School does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or genetic information. This policy applies to all areas of student concerns (admissions, athletics, educational policies, financial aid and loan programs, and other school-administered programs) as well as to all areas of personnel and employee concerns and hiring. Lake Tahoe School is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).