Application for Admission
Depending upon applicant’s grade level, Lake Tahoe School admission decisions are predicated on a combination of grades, recommendations, interviews, subject-specific assessments, and standardized test scores—the higher the grade level, the broader the combination.
- Schedule a visit to the school for a tour and interview.
- Complete the Application Forms below and submit it to the School Office with the $50 application fee.
- Ask your current school to send a complete transcript, including all standardized test scores, and to return completed School and Teacher Recommendation forms (below) to Lake Tahoe School as soon as possible.
- Upon receipt of the application form and school records, Lake Tahoe School will schedule an assessment day for the applicant. The applicant will be asked to complete math, reading and writing assessments on campus.
- Lake Tahoe School will review these assessments, and if appropriate, schedule a Shadow Day for the applicant.
- Admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis as space allows.
Financial Assistance Application and Award Process
If you will be applying for financial assistance, please contact Ruth Glass, Head of School, at 775-831-5828 or for information on Financial Assistance. An application must be completed online, with priority given to those families that submit prior to March 5th. Please go to the NAIS website for the financial aid application at http://www.sss.nais.org/parents/. The LTS Financial Assistance Committee will review applications and send award letters.
Financial Assistance candidates who miss the March 5th deadline may possibly be considered on a case-by-case basis. All returning students who are applying for assistance are expected to follow the regular financial assistance timetable.